Government Policy & Advocacy
With years of experience advocating for business issues such as tax, energy, labor, transportation and regulatory policies, our lawyers understand that poorly conceived policies can hinder a business’s success. We are practiced advocates who have appeared before state legislatures, governors, regulatory commissions, United States agencies, and the U.S. Congress on behalf of our clients.
Rules and regulations can have a profound impact on the ability of business to thrive and we believe that anything can be achieved in the policy realm given enough time, resources and effort. We work to ensure that business interests are taken seriously at every level of government. We work alongside elected leaders to find common ground and identify and satisfy stakeholder needs and potential legal roadblocks, to achieve win-win outcomes with maximum profitability at marginal cost and risk.
We believe that government policies should enable businesses, not hamper them. When current laws or regulations pose potential risks to your business, an experienced government policy advocacy can intercede to ensure that negative consequences of policy are addressed and rectified. We provide a variety of government policy advocacy services at the local, State, and Federal levels ensuring sound policy for business matters in Florida and throughout the country.
With years of experience advocating for business issues such as tax, energy and labor policies, we understand that poorly drafted policies can severely hinder the functioning of a strong business venture. We are practiced advocates who have appeared before state legislatures, governors, regulatory commissions, Federal agencies, and the U.S. Congress on behalf of our clients. We have the skills and preparation to advocate for your interests in a significant Federal, State or local policy issue.
Handling Federal Policy Matters at the State, Local, and Federal Levels
Our experienced policy advocates, along with our sister company, Main Street Strategies, can help to guide you through the complicated problems that arise in policymaking in Washington, D.C., as well as at the local and state levels in Florida and throughout the United States. We have proven strategies that will help to safeguard your businesses from undue intrusion by the government, including but not limited to:
- Influencing legislative and executive branches of local, state, and federal government
- Coordinating and developing public information campaigns to compliment traditional
- Drafting legislation for enactment by legislatures or the U.S. Congress
- Analyzing and obtaining formal agency “guidance” as to legislation or administrative rules that could impact your business interests
- Supporting legislation that could enhance your business; and opposing legislation that presents challenges to it
- Providing advice about public policy matters
When you’re seeking assistance with government policy advocacy, it is extremely important to work with an effective advocate who can promote your interests. Many different political issues arise in the political policy arena that can have a significant impact on business. Our lawyers have experience handling a variety of policy issues in Washington, Florida and throughout the United States, as well as the required sensitivity to ensure positive outcomes in:
- Development efforts
- Regulations and permitting approvals
- Tax policy matters
- Energy policies and regulations
- Environmental regulatory matters affecting renewable energy businesses
- Nuclear policies and regulations
- Employment and labor policy
- Rulemaking and permitting decisions
- Business licensing
- General business issues